Administration – Office of the Dean
Name’s of all staff in Deans Office
|S/N||NAMES OF STAFF||PHONE NUMBER||EMAIL ADDRESS|
|1||Dr. Okwu-Delunzu, Virginia Ugoyibofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Prof. Essaghah, Arthur Efeogheneemail@example.com|
|3||Pastor Igbokwe Clement Ifeanyi||08036420101||Igbokwe.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Uche-Egodigwe Ifeyinwa C.||08065133884||Ifeyinwa.email@example.com|
|5||Ogbuoka Justina N.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Chigbo Florence N.||08063795149||Florence.email@example.com|
|7||Mrs. Eneoma Cecilia Nwanedo||07056154389||Eneoma.firstname.lastname@example.org|
Virginia Ugoyibo, Okwu-Delunzu hails from Adu Achi in Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State, Nigeria. She did her primary school education at Community Primary School Adu Achi between 1982-1988 where she obtained the first school leaving certificate. Her secondary school education at Holy Rosary College Enugu Between 1998-1993 where she obtained the West African Examination Certificate in 1993, Virgy proceeded to Enugu State University of Science and Technology the same year and banged a BSc Honor Certificate in the Department of Geography and Meteorology with a 4.13 fcgpa on a 5 point scale in 1998. It is important to note that little Virginia graduated as the best student of her set and that fetched her present appointment as a lecturer in the Department of Geography and Meteorology. In 1999 she obtained Diploma in Data Processing & Management from Digitech Computer Institute, Enugu. Then Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Applied Meteorology from Department of Geography, Federal University of Technology, Minna in 2002 with a 4.8 fcgpa on a 5point scale. Master of Science (M.Sc) in Environmental Management from Enugu State University of Science & Technology, still with a 4.03 fcpga on a five point scale in 2004. In 2014 she banged her Doctorate Degree in Applied Meteorology, raising her academic status to Dr. of Geography in area of Applied hydrometeorology and erosion matters in Federal University of Technology, Minna(FUT Minna). Dr. Virginia is a senior lecturer with department of Geography and Meteorology, Faculty of Environmental Sciences ESUT Enugu, She has held many posts in the university, she served as the head of Department of Geography and Meteorology from 2015- 2017, she is currently the acting Dean of the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT Enugu. Dr. Mrs Virginia Ugoyibo is married with four children.
Dr. Virginia has so many publications and has attended many local and international Conferences. See attached.
- Ugochukwu C.U Frida Nkoloagu, Alfred Ochonogor, Chika Jidere, Chizoba Agu, Virginia Okwu-Delunzu, John Ewoh (2018) Exposure Risks to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons by Humans and Livestock (Cattle)Due to Hydrocarbon Spill from Petroleum Products in Niger-delta Wetland. Environment International: www.elsevier.com/locate/envint. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2018.03.010 Environment International 115 (2018) 38–47 0160-4120/ © 2018 Elsevier Ltd.
- Okwu-Delunzu Virginia Ugoyibo, Ogbonna Chidi Enyinnaya and Lamidi Souleman (2017) Spatial Assessment of Flood Vulnerability in Anambra East Local Government Area, Nigeria Using GIS and Remote Sensing, British Journal of Applied Science & Technology 19(5): 1-11-2017; Article no. BJAST.29378 ISSN: 2231-0843, NLM ID: 101664541 SCIENCEDOMAIN international.www.sciencedomain.org
- Ugochukwu C.U and Okwu-Delunzu Virginia Ugoyibo (2018) Soil quality studies of A22-hectre land area at Ugwuonyama for Agricultural purposes: Implications for Environmental protection. Journal of Environment and Earth Science www.iiste.org ISSN 2224-3216 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0948 (Online)Vol.8, No.6, 2018
- Ugochukwu C.U and Okwu-Delunzu Virginia Ugoyibo (2018) Quality of 7up Bottling Company wastewater treatment plant Effluent dischared to the environment. Journal of Environment and Earth Science www.iiste.org ISSN 2224-3216 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0948 (Online) Vol.8, No.6, 2018 119
- Aniagolu C. O., Nnametu J. N.,& Okwu-Delunzu V.U., (2016); E-Factor Valuation Model and its Level of Compliance to Provisions of National Environmental Protection(Pollution Abatement in Industries and Facilities Generating Waste Regulation of 1991. Journal of multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST) ISSN: 3159-0040 Vol 3 Isuue 2(Feburuary 2016) www.jmest.org
- Eyankware ROU, Iyi EA, Okwu-D,V U et al. (2016) Impact of telecommunication masts on environmental planning in Enugu urban area of Enugu state. International Journal of Science & Healthcare Research. 2016; 1(1):1-17. www.gkpublication.in/ijshr
- Okwu-Delunzu Virginia Ugoyibo, Iloeje Franscis Amaechi,& Aniagolu Celestine Obinna (2015) Evaluation of Groundwater Pollution Sources in Enugu North LGA of Enugu State, Nigeria. IJSAR Journal of Environmental, Earth and Physical Sciences (IJSAR-JEEPS) ISSN: 2408-7645 Volume 2, Issue3 (September, 2015), 54-69 www.mdcjournals.org
- Iloeje Amaechi Francis, Aniagolu Celestine. O and Okwu-Delunzu Virginia.Ugo., (2015); Sustainable Urban Infrastructure Delivery in Enugu, Nigeria: The Role of the Private Sector :International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064 Index Copernicus Value (2013): 6.14 | Impact Factor (2014): 5.611 Volume 4 Issue 8, August 2015 www.ijsr.net
- Aniagolu C. O., Iloeje A.F.,& Okwu-Delunzu V.U., (2015); Application of Environmental factor (e-factor) model to the valuation of Anambra Motor manufacturing company (Anammco) Enugu Urban Area, Nigeria. Journal of multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology Vol 2 issue 8(August 2015) www.jmest.org/wp-content/uploads/JMESTN42350965.pdf
- Okwu-Delunzu V.U., Iloeje F, and Aniagolu C.O. (2015) Assessment of Climate Change On Enugu Urban Environment Using Temperature and Rainfall Information. IJSAR Journal of Environment, Earth and Physical Sciences (IJSAR-JEEPS) ISSN: 2408-7645 Volume 2, Issue 1(March 2015) 38-49,www.mdcjournals.org
- Iloeje Amaechi Francis, Aniagolu Celestine. O and Okwu-Delunzu Virginia.Ugo., (2015); Housing Deficit and Environmental Challenges In Enugu Urban, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR),ISSN (Online); 2319-7064 ;Index Copericus Value(2013) 6.14. Impact Factor (2013) 4.438 Volume 4 Issue 5, May 2015 www.ijsr.net.
- Aniagolu C. O., Iloeje A.F.,& Okwu-Delunzu V.U., (2015); Millennium Development Goals (Mdgs): A Road Map to Sustainable Development In Nigeria, International Journal For Developmental Research Vol. 5,Issue, 05,pp, 4376-4384, may 2015;ISSN:2230-9926 Available online at http://www.journalijdr.com.
- Ogbonna C.E, Oti U.U & Okwu-Delunzu, V.U.(2015) Heavy metal content in auto mobile shops soil in Okigwe Abia State; UniZik Journal of Geography and Meteorology. April 2015 http//ER.journal.net/unizik
- Okwu-Delunzu V.U., Ogbonna C.E., Ike. F (2015) Rainfall Variation and Gully Erosion in Nyaba River Basin of Enugu, South-Eastern Nigeria: UniZik Journal of Geography and Meteorology. April 2015 http//ER.journal.net/unizik
- Ogbonna C.E, Felix Ike & Okwu-Delunzu, V.U.(2015) Spatial Assessment of Flood Vulnerability in Aba Urban Using Geographic Information System Technology and Rainfall Information. International Journal of Geosciences, 2015, 6, 191-200; Published Online March 2015 in SciRes. http://www.scirp.org/journal/ijg http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ijg.2015.63013
- Okwu- Delunzu V.U, et al (2014 ) Identification of Soil Erosion Types in Nyaba River Basin of Enugu State, South eastern Nigeria using Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System Techniques; Proceedings ISSN 1865-0929, DOI 10.1007/978-3-66245737-5- 2015, Springer Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London www.springer.com
- Okwu-Delunzu, V.U, Chukwu K.E, and Ogbodo C.K (2014) Management of water Problem for sustainable Supply in Nkanu-West Local Government Area of Enugu State. LIT Academic Journal ISSN : 2360 8463 Vol .2 No 1 2014
- Ogbonna C.E, Okwu-Delunzu V.U. Ugwuanyi B.C.(2014) Air pollution Tolerance of some Roadside Trees in Aba, South East, Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Environmental Society (JNES) ISBN 1596-7751 2014 VOL.1 Pg 9-14. www.jnes-nes.org.
- Okwu-Delunzu V.U et al (2013): Monitoring Gully Erosion at Nyaba River of Enugu State Southeastern Nigeria, Using Remote Sensing: SPIE Proceeding Volume 8887. Doi:10.1117/12.2035967 http//proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=1757301
- Enete I.C and Okwu-Delunzu V.U. (2013): Mapping Enugu City’s Urban Island, International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy. http//www.sciencepulishinggroup.com/j/ijemp
- Okwu-Delunzu V.U and Enete.I.C (2012) Implication of Rainfall Characteristics on Agriculture in Enugu State of South Eastern Nigeria.ASUU-ESUT Journal of Science,Technology and Humanities. Vol 1 No 1 Pg 54-66.
- Enete I.C.,Chukwudelunzu V.U and Kolie. A.O (2013). Evaluation of Air Pollution Tolerance Index of Plants and Ornamental Shurbs in Enugu City: Implications for Urban Island Effect. Journal of Experimental Research, Volume 1, No 1. March 2013 pp 3-11
- Enete I.C., Alabi,M.O $ Chukwudelunzu,V.U. (2012) Analysis of Rainfall Distribution Over Owerri During the Little Dry Season(1990-2005). Proceedings of the Nigerian Meteorological Society (Nmets).2012 Annual Conference Climates and Variability.
- Enete I.C,Alabi,M.O & Chukwudelunzu,V.U (2012): Tree Canopy Cover Variation Effects on Urban Heat Island in Enugu City, Nigeria. Journal of Developing Country Studies Vol 2, No, 6 ISSN 2225-0565. www.Iiste.Org Pp12-18.
- Chukwudelunzu V.U (2005): The Effect of Climate on Urban Planning, Case Study of Enugu Urban. The Planet and Man Vol 2 No 2 Pp6-10
- Enete I.C. and Chukwudelunzu V.U.(2002):The Teaching of Meteorology and Climatology in Schools; Problems And Prospects:- In The Planet And Man Volume 1 No 1 Pp 38-41
- Chukwudelunzu V.U.(2002): Geography and Meteorology As A Disciple in Esut. The Planet and Man Vol 1 No 1 Pg 76-80
Major Confernces /Workshops Attended
Okwu-Delunzu, V.U (2018) Assessment of Air Quality Levels in Heavy Traffic Areas in Enugu Urban, Enugu State, Paper presented at the 1st National Workshop on Air Quality from 13th -16th March 2018 at Centre for Atmospheric Research, National Space Research and Development Agency, Kogi State University Campus, Anyigba Kogi State Nigeria
Okwu-Delunzu,V.U and Kindness Ogbodo (2017), Effect of Climate Variability on Palm Oil yeild In Agbani, Enugu State Paper Presented at 2017 International Conference & 31st Annual General Meeting of The Nigerian Meteorological Society, 20 – 24th November, 2017, at Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT Enugu
Ofordu, C.S, Okwu-Delunzu V, U. & Iwueke, N.T (2016)Assessment of The Role of Urban Agriculture For Food Security In Ibadan Metropolis Oyo State, Nigeria Paper Presented At 2016 International Conference & 30th Annual General Meeting of The Nigerian Meteorological Society, 21st – 24th November, 2016, at Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Okwu-Delunzu V, U. (2016):Participated at the Validation Workshop on ECOWAS REGIONAL DISASTER RISK REDUCTION PLAN OF ACTION,(2015-2030) Monday 17th October to Friday 21st 2016 with Ref: ECW/CSAG/DRR/mi……letter refers.
Okwu-Delunzu, V.U., & Lamidi S. Orjiochie O O.(2016) Assessment of Flooding on Landuse In Anambra East Using GIS And Remote Sensing Techquies. Paper Presented at MDC International Research Conference held at ESUT Business School, GRA Enugu 20th-22 June 2016
Okwu-Delunzu, V.U., Enete I.C., and Odo F.O (2015) Analysis Of Rainfall Variation In Enugu Metropolis South East Nigeria Paper Presented At 2015 International Conference & 29th Annual General Meeting of The Nigerian Meteorological Society, 23rd – 26th November, 2015, at Usman Danfio University Sokoto, Nigeria.
Okwu-Delunzu V.U.,& Iwueke, N.T. (2015) Assessment of the Environmental Impact of Gully Erosion in Eke, Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State ; Paper presented at the 21st International Interdisciplinary Environment Conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA. June 10-13 2015. ieaonline.org
Ogbonna C.E and Okwu-Delunzu V.U. (2013) Air pollution Tolerance of some Roadside Trees in Aba, South East, Nigeria. Paper presented at Annual Conference of NES Tagged LAGOS 2013 with theme Environmental Management Systems (EMS): Prerequisite for Green Environmental Development from 7th-8th November 2013
Enete I.C., Alabi,M.O $ Chukwudelunzu,V.U. (2012) Analysis of Rainfall Distribution Over Owerri During the Little Dry Season(1990-2005). Proceedings of the Nigerian Meteorological Society (Nmets).2012 Annual Conference Climates and Variability.
Chukwudelunzu V.U. (2007) Impact of Precipitation Characteristics on Agriculture in Enugu State:Paper presented at international conference on climate change & Economic Sustainability at Awka, Anambra State 12th -14th Nov 2007
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC/ PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION.
Nigerian Meteorological Society (NMS) 1988- Date
Environmental Management Association of Nigeria (EMAN) 2000 -Date
Nigerian Environmental Society 2003 -Date
International geographical union, (IGU) 2002-2006 TECHNICAL REPORT
• Environmental Impact Assessment of Mining Lead, Zincs in Isiagu Ebonyi State
Facilitator/resource person: Chukwudelunzu Virginia U. resource person for soil quality assessment.
(2). Monitoring and Evaluation of FGN/UBE (Federal Government of Nigeria/ Universal Basic Education Commission) Intervention Projects in Enugu & Ebonyi States in South east Nigeria. Served as Team Leader representing Man Associates consultants throughout the M&E exercise
OPERATIONAL METEOROLOGY (INSTITUTIONAL DIMENSION)
OKWU-DELUNZU, VIRGINIA UGOYIBO 2014 (PhD)
Department of Geography and Meteorology
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
OKWU-DELUNZU, VIRGINIA UGOYIBO 2015 (PhD)
Department of Geography and Meteorology
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
In Press CONTRIBUTIONS TO BOOKS:
Book Chapter: Chapter 9: Concept of Climate Change, in Topical Issues in Environmental Studies, Uwadiegwu A, (PhD) Iyi E.O(PhD) and Aniagolu C.O (PhD) Editors 2016
Research Interest: Meteorology, Soil erosion, Water resources, EIA, Remote Sensing, GIS and Environmental Issues